If you’re looking for a fun and eco-friendly way to explore Istanbul, MARTI is the perfect solution. MARTI is a smart scooter rental service that takes its name from the Turkish word for seagulls. It’s a great way to get around the city while reducing your carbon footprint.
Why Choose MARTI?
Did you know that 40% of all car trips around the world are less than 5 km? That’s a lot of fuel wasted on short trips. Electric scooters like MARTI are a great alternative for short distances. They’re environmentally friendly and help reduce traffic congestion.
How Much Does MARTI Cost?
To use MARTI, you’ll need to pay 3 Turkish liras at the beginning of your trip. After that, you’ll be charged 0.65 liras per minute. If you don’t follow the rules, you may be charged additional fees:
- If you damage the scooter, you’ll be charged for repairs.
- If the scooter is stolen, you’ll be charged 9,000 lira.
- If you park outside the designated area, you’ll be charged 40 liras.
- If you park in inaccessible places, you’ll be charged 40 liras.
- If you provide incorrect information, you’ll be charged 40 liras.
How To Use MARTI
Starting Your Journey
- Download the MARTI app on your Android or iOS device.
- Enter your ID number and bank card information into the app.
- Use the map inside the app to find a MARTI scooter.
- Open the app and click the “Start” button.
- Scan the QR code on the scooter using your phone’s camera.
- Unlock the scooter using the code displayed on your phone.
- You’re ready to ride!
Ending Your Journey
- Park the scooter in the designated area on the map.
- Lock the scooter and press the “Sürüş tamamlandı” button to end your trip.
- You’ll see the cost and duration of your trip at the top of the app.
Advantages Of MARTI Scooters
MARTI scooters are statistically safer than cars, motorcycles, and bicycles. They have a top speed of around 18 kilometers per hour. If a scooter’s battery is low, it will be collected by a special MARTI team and recharged before being placed in a designated location for the next rider.